Student Schedule – Week 1Sally Spreeman
We begin tomorrow, Monday, April 6th, with distance learning. Please take a moment to review the items below with your child. As was stated in an earlier email, UMA will be examining and refining its distance learning practices in the coming days and weeks to best serve students and families. Our best to you all.
Schedule (Week 1)
- Advisory 9:20 AM – 9:45 AM (required advisory check-in. Check for communication from advisor)
- Block 1 – 9:48 AM – 11:18 AM (Synchronous or Asynchronous depending on teacher directions)
- Block 2 – 11:20 AM-12:50 PM (Synchronous or Asynchronous depending on teacher directions)
- Lunch – 12:50 PM – 1:25 PM
- Block 3 – 1:27 PM- 2:57 PM (Synchronous or Asynchronous depending on teacher directions)
- Block 4 – 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM (Synchronous or Asynchronous depending on teacher directions)
Please note, in some cases, students will be done before 4:30 pm. For a link to FAQs, click here.
Distance Learning Online Expectations
- UMA students will be required to follow all basic UMA rules of conduct as stated in the student handbook.
- Teachers will review basic online etiquette.
- Basic principles of dress code and civility still apply for all teleconferencing or forum sessions.
- Students should be dressed appropriately when video teleconferencing.
- Students should choose locations that are distraction free.
- Students should conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful & civil. Inappropriate behaviors may lead to loss of some online functions (with alternative assignments being administered).
- Students should take breaks as needed (to move away from computer screen, to go outside, to exercise, walk, or stretch, etc).